‘How good and pleasant is it when God’s people live together in unity!’
All students require the following items of uniform:
- A Derby Cathedral School navy blue blazer embroidered with the school badge, available from Uniform Direct.
- A white shirt / blouse with a top button fastening suitable for a tie. Please ensure the item can be appropriately tucked-in. These can be purchased from any appropriate retailer and are similarly available from Uniform Direct.
- A Derby Cathedral School clip-on tie, available from Uniform Direct.
- A plain navy blue v-necked jumper (without logo) – this is optional during colder weather. This can be purchased from any acceptable retailer.
- A charcoal grey (not black) pair of trousers purchased from any appropriate retailer. These must be of a professional cut – skinny fit / leggings or footless tights are not permitted.
- A grey (not black) pleated or A-line skirt available for purchase from Uniform Direct. The skirt must reach the top of the knee.
- Black / navy blue socks or navy-blue tights (the same shade as the blazer). These can be purchased from any appropriate retailer.
- Black shoes – boots and trainers are not permitted. During inclement weather boots can be worn for the journey to and from school, but normal footwear is to be worn during the school day. These can be purchased from any appropriate retailer. Footwear items should not bear branded logos / names.
- Hijabs (if worn) are to be navy blue and of a shade matching the school blazer.
- A Derby Cathedral School navy blue short-sleeved top with logo, available from Uniform Direct
- Navy blue shorts with sky blue trim, available from Uniform Direct
- Navy blue jogging / tracksuit bottoms, without logos, are optional. These can be purchased from any appropriate retailer.
These should be unbranded (both in terms of names and logos) and of an appropriate size for a range of school books to be carried within.
Additional personal appearance requirements:
- Haircuts must be appropriate to school; long hair is to be tied back / up during practical lessons such as Science / PE and technology.
- Haircuts should not be shaved or include patterns (commonly known as tramlines and suchlike). Hair colour should be natural.
- Jewellery should be kept to a minimum. One pair of stud earrings, worn in the lobe of the ear are permitted. No other piercings are permitted on health and safety grounds. Necklaces, if worn, should be discreet and not visible i.e. worn underneath the shirt / blouse. False nails are not permitted on the same health and safety grounds.
- All students will be expected to wear a warm, waterproof coat during inclement weather. Denim jackets and camouflage items, heavily branded / logoed items are not permitted.
The official Derby Cathedral School uniform supplier is
Uniform Direct, 54 Babington Lane, Derby, DE1 1SX.
Opening hours: Monday to Saturday 9:30am - 5:00pm (closed Sundays)
Telephone 01332 342569
‘So that the man of God may be complete and equipped for every good work.’
2 Timothy 3:17
In order to get the best from learning, students need to have the right ‘tools for the job’. All students require the following equipment:
- DCS Student Planner
- A pencil case – containing:
- Three ink pens in blue, black and purple
- Pencil crayons (not felt tip pens)
- A pencil
- A pencil sharpener
- An eraser
- A small glue stick
- A 30cm ruler
- Mini whiteboard & marker pen (supplied by school)
- PE kit (on timetabled days)
Scientific calculators, stationery kits and mathematical geometry kits are available to purchase from Student Services.
In line with current government guidance, unless exempt, students are required to wear a face covering in communal areas within school and as such, is deemed an essential piece of uniform/equipment.