‘How good and pleasant is it when God’s people live together in unity!’
At Derby Cathedral School, all students are required to wear uniform as this gives them a sense of belonging. We have tried to minimise the number of uniform items that are branded and / carry the school logo. Students who are entitled to pupil premium could be eligible for support towards the cost of their uniform. Please contact us for more information regarding this on the school email email@example.com.
As a new and growing school we do not have a large supply of second hand uniform but what we are donated, we launder and use to support our families in need. If you would like to donate any uniform to school for this purpose, please drop us an email.
Students will require the following items of uniform:
- A Derby Cathedral School navy blue blazer embroidered with the school badge - compulsory *
- A white shirt / blouse with a top button fastening suitable for a tie. Please ensure the item can be appropriately tucked-in.
- A Derby Cathedral School clip-on tie - compulsory *
- A plain navy blue v-necked jumper – this is optional during colder weather only.
- A black pair of trousers. These must be of a professional cut – skinny fit / leggings are not permitted.
- A black A-line skirt. The skirt must reach the top of the knee.
- Black / navy blue socks or tights. These can be purchased from any appropriate retailer.
- Black shoes – boots and trainers are not permitted. During inclement weather boots can be worn for the journey to and from school, but normal footwear is to be worn during the school day. These can be purchased from any appropriate retailer. Footwear items should not bear branded logos / names.
- Hijabs (if worn) are to be navy blue and of a shade matching the school blazer.
- A Derby Cathedral School royal blue short-sleeved top with logo.
- Black shorts.
- Black sports leggings with school logo - optional *
- Black jogging / tracksuit bottoms - optional for outside sports.
Non compulsory items can be purchased from any appropriate retailer.
These should be unbranded (both in terms of names and logos) and of an appropriate size for a range of school books to be carried within.
Additional personal appearance requirements:
- Haircuts must be appropriate to school; long hair is to be tied back / up during practical lessons such as Science / PE and technology.
- Haircuts should not be shaved or include patterns (commonly known as tramlines and suchlike). Hair colour should be natural.
- Jewellery is not allowed other than one pair of stud earrings, worn in the lobe of the ear. No other piercings are permitted on health and safety grounds.
- Nail varnish or false nails of any sort are not permitted. Neither are false eyelashes
- All students will be expected to wear a warm, waterproof coat during colder weather. Denim jackets and camouflage items, heavily branded items are not permitted.
- Mobile phones and smart watches are not allowed.
From 1st June 2023 the official Derby Cathedral School uniform supplier will be:
Morleys, 464 Nottingham Rd, Chaddesden, Derby, DE21 6PE
Tel: 01332 281311
‘So that the man of God may be complete and equipped for every good work.’
2 Timothy 3:17
In order to get the best from learning, students need to have the right ‘tools for the job’. All students require the following equipment:
- DCS Student Planner (provided by school)
- A pencil case – containing:
- Three ink pens in blue, black and purple
- Pencil crayons (not felt tip pens)
- A pencil
- A pencil sharpener
- An eraser
- A small glue stick
- A ruler
- a whiteboard marker pen
- PE kit (on timetabled days)
- Reading book (one can be borrowed from the school library)
Scientific calculators, stationery kits and mathematical geometry kits are available to purchase from Student Services.