**Please note our uniform supplier has recently changed. The new supplier is Uniform Direct. Their address is 54 Babington Lane, Derby, DE1 1SX.
Opening hours: Monday to Saturday 9:30am - 5:00pm (closed Sundays)
Telephone 01332 342569**
All students require the following items of uniform:
- A Derby Cathedral School navy blue blazer embroidered with the school badge. This is available from Uniform Direct on 54 Babington Lane, Derby DE1 1SX
- A white shirt / blouse with a top button fastening suitable for a tie. Please ensure the item can be appropriately tucked-in. These can be purchased from any appropriate retailer and are similarly available from Uniform Direct.
- A Derby Cathedral School clip-on tie, available from Uniform Direct.
- A plain navy blue v-necked jumper (without logo) – this is optional during colder weather. This can be purchased from any acceptable retailer.
- A charcoal grey pair of trousers purchased from any appropriate retailer. These must be of a professional cut – skinny fit / leggings / footless tights and such like are not permitted
- A pleated grey skirt available for purchase from Uniform Direct. The skirt must reach the top of the knee. These are available from Uniform Direct.
- Black / navy blue socks or navy-blue tights (the same shade as the blazer). These can be purchased from any appropriate retailer.
- Black shoes – boots and trainers are not permitted. During inclement weather boots can be worn for the journey to and from school, but normal footwear is to be worn during the school day. These can be purchased from any appropriate retailer. Footwear items should not bear branded logos / names.
- Hijabs (if worn) are to be navy blue and of a shade matching the school blazer.
- A Derby Cathedral School navy blue short-sleeved top with logo, available from Uniform Direct
- Navy blue shorts with sky blue trim, available from Uniform Direct
- Navy blue jogging / tracksuit bottoms, without logos, are optional. These can be purchased from any appropriate retailer.
These should be unbranded (both in terms of names and logos) and of an appropriate size for a range of school books to be carried within.
Please note the following points:
- Haircuts must be appropriate to school; long hair is to be tied back / up during practical lessons such as Science / PE and technology.
- Haircuts should not be shaved or include patterns (commonly known as tramlines and suchlike). Hair colour should be natural.
- Jewellery should be kept to a minimum. One small signet ring is permitted, as is one pair of stud earrings, worn in the lobe of the ear only. No other piercings are permitted on health and safety grounds. Necklaces, if worn, should be discreet and not visible i.e. worn underneath the shirt / blouse. False nails are not permitted on the same health and safety grounds.
- All students will be expected to wear a warm, waterproof coat during inclement weather. Denim jackets and camouflage items are not to be worn, neither are heavily branded / logoed items.