Safeguarding and Child Protection
Derby Cathedral School aims to ensure that:
- appropriate action is taken in a timely manner to safeguard and promote children's welfare
- all staff are aware of their statutory responsibilities with respect to safeguarding
- staff are properly trained in recognising and reporting safeguarding issues
We have a Safeguarding Policy which can be viewed and downloaded on the 'Policies' section of the website. Paper copies are available on request. This policy sets out in full how we keep students safe.
If you have concerns about a pupil of the school or the conduct of a staff member, the designated staff are:
- Mrs J Stewart: Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mr R Hoy: Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead and Designated Teacher for LAC
- Mr M Chapple: SENDCO
You can report a concern to the school in person at the school reception by asking for any of the above staff, or in their absence the Headteacher Mr. G. R. Inglis or by telephoning us on 01332 325710 or by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that a child is at immediate risk of harm and in need of protection then you should call the Police by dialling 999 straight away.
Alternatively if you want advice from Derbyshire Police and the young person is not in immediate need of protection, you should dial 101.
Children's Social Care in Derby
Social Care have a duty team to help you talk about concerns you have and take action to make children safe. The social care staff can always be asked for advice if you are not sure about a situation.